Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Student Life: A New Beginning?

I have been living away from my parents in my university halls now for 59 days, 9 hours and 18 minutes, and I love it. I can't describe how it feels to be independent enough to have to look after yourself every day, buy your own food, be able to leave the flat without getting permission or informing someone of where you are going. Yeah, there's the hard times, the struggle with money, being ridiculously poor but still wanting to drink copius amounts of alcohol, but it's manageable. There's the few times i've felt very very homesick too, i miss my mum and dad, i miss my nephew, i miss my dogs, although you create strong bonds very fast with people you meet at uni, it's just not the same as being home with your family and having your mum bring you a cup of tea.

The lack of blog posts, i say lack of, i haven't posted since i've been here, would suggest that i've been ridiculously busy with uni work, but truth be told i've just been living the student life, procrastinating and getting drunk a lot. Let's be honest, everyone takes time in their lives to just go a bit crazy. Some people's crazy spells last for years, I think i may have overcome mine at least a little bit with my time away. University has given my opportunities, not necessarily good ones, that i never had before and i decided to live by Drakes philosophies ahem, "yolo" and just go for it.

But i'm back, i'm here to tell you about my university experiences so far, the good, the not so good and the terrible and i'm sure there will be plenty more to come that i will continue to share. I'll carry on doing the beauty/fashion side of this blog because i still have a passion for it, but i also want to take you on the rest of my journey through university, and maybe we'll help some people along the way.

I hope you enjoy
Lots of love xo

No comments:

Post a Comment