Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 15 July 2013

Room Tour!

For a more personal look into my life, I've decided to take you on a tour of my room! There's lots of things that I don't think are quite right about my room and there's lots of things I would change, but being so close to going to University and moving out it's really not worth spending a lot of money on it. I would much rather spend money on my Uni Room where i'll spend most of the time.

Directly next to my door is my shelves that contain all my beauty products include the basic things like, hairspray, deodorants and moisturizers. In the soap and glory box is all my soap and glory stuff that I'm saving to go to Uni as I won't be able to afford to buy things like that while I'm there. The straw holder was a present from my mum, because I can't have drinks without drinking them through a straw, so it was a bit of jokey present, but I've filled it up at least 3 times since I've had it. 


 The other side of the cabinet contains a mirrored glass plate that I got from Matalan and it has all my perfumes on, I like to keep them out because the bottles make me happy to look at. The ash tray next to it, is something i grabbed from downstairs from when my mum and dad used to smoke and i just use it to put my keys and anything else that I need to grab on the way out that I can't forget!


On the shelves, I have these brown baskets, which I got from a local outlet store, which store all my products in category's and make the shelves look much neater then they would if all the products were on show. The other set of brown baskets contain my make-up and I'm not sure where they came from but you can get similar ones from pretty much any store that sells home products.


On the top of my desk, I've got my speakers which i use to connect my phone and listen to music. I then have all the books that i used for my English Literature A Level, they need to be moved now though because i don't need them anymore! To prop the books up i'm using my Slatkin and Co Twinkling Night candle from Bath and Body Works from when i went to America, they are a massive contender with Yankee Candle, as i have some of each brand, but the Slatkin and Co ones definitely win just because they are usually cheaper. I always have a candle burning somewhere in my room because i'm obsessed. On top of the speaker is usually where I keep my phone and once again another candle. 


On the top shelf section of my desk I've just got my magazine collection with my IPod dock on top which is barely used as my IPod has really old music on, but I like to break out some old classics sometimes! On the little shelves I've just got old school stuff that needs moving now again! I think I need to sort out my bedroom, ha!

To the side of my desk is a mirror where I can do my hair and make-up if I want to stand up and do it, the silver used to match all the photo frames in my room but they've been got rid of since then, it still looks good though. I've draped fairy lights around it as when i light the fairy lights and candles it all looks romantic and pretty. 


My bed is my favourite place in the whole world, on the wall behind my bed i stuck a load of pictures from throughout my life and i like to look at them all the time! On the bed I've got about 10 cushions because i love lying in a bunch of cushions, I've also got a throw from america which is the softest thing in the world and i love using it as a blanket to snuggle in and my bear which my mum gave me a few years ago, i like it especially with the fairy lights because it looks really cosy and inviting. 



My bedside table just has a lamp that I think I got from Matalan a few years ago, there's a picture of me and my Nan that I love and some more candles.



Between the two windows there is a white shelf which I've just decorated with some fake flowers, yet more candles (I'm sensing a theme here?!) some ornamental bits and a picture of me and my dad. 


 By the side of my wardrobe is my guitar and Ukulele which haven't been played much recently due to large amounts of school work, but I'm definitely hoping to get back into that again over the summer. My wardrobe is built into the wall so I've just got curtains that can hide it when it's particularly messy! To the side of the wardrobe is just a hook with some jackets and my everyday bags on.



My TV sits on the wall in front of my bed above my bookcase which house majority of my books that i own (others are elsewhere in the house and on my windowsills) there's also an old school playstation 2 and my freeview box on top of the bookcase just for convenience.


Last but not least is my very pretty (but dusty) chandelier style lampshade that I've had for a very long time but i love it, it looks really nice when I've just got lights and candles on because it glimmers in the candlelight. I think it goes well with the theme of my room. 


I'm not sure if that post was enjoyable or not, but I had all the pictures so I thought I might as well post it! I personally love looking round peoples rooms so maybe some other people share my nosiness! I'm off to sleep now as it's way too late and I have work tomorrow, boo hoo. Toodooloo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment