Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Closet Organization

As I have only posted a short post tonight, and posts have been lacking a bit for the past few days, I thought I'd give you a longer more interesting one on top of 'Weekstagram'. I recently spent a whole day reorganizing my closet before I head off to Uni, and although i'm not totally happy with the results it's the best I can do, and the best it will ever be as i'll be moving out in September so it won't be needed anymore. 

My most important thing is that it looks tidy when the curtains are both closed and open! I'm lucky enough that my closet is built into the walls rather then it being a wardrobe because it means I have much more room for clothes and don't have to use up lots of drawer space, it also means I can keep all my clothes in one place and don't have them scattered about my room! The curtains that are across the wardrobe are from Argos and so is the wooden drawers, the storage box next to it is from an outlet store near me.



My clothes are just hanging on a metal pole that was already attatched before I moved into the house, it's under a lot of strain because of the amount of clothes that are on there, even after a clear out! But it's fine, I just have too many clothes. 


I can't remember where I got this shoe organiser from, but i keep all my flats, sandals and trainers downstairs in a little drawer in the outhouse so i don't need to make room for them in my room, but all my heels are kept upstairs because i barely ever wear them. But they all fit neatly into these organizer and its nice that they're on display but they're not taking up too much room! 


Down one side of the wardrobe is some random stuff, the topshop shoe box holds spare make-up bags and purses, and on top are just my clutches that need to be easily accessible but they're not used everyday. I've just got my empty laptop box sitting there because I'm getting a new laptop soon so it'll need to be put away in there. 


On top of the box that holds all my pajamas are some blankets that i just use when it gets cold and i want to sit downstairs, in  the summer months they are obviously not used but they're used well as a cover for the inside of the box. 


Inside the box are my pajamas, leggings, old t-shirts and old shorts, mainly i just wear these clothes to bed, so they're in an easily accessible place and I can just grab whatever i need and go. I didn't have enough drawer space to put all of this in drawers so this is another way that i can store them.


In this white container on top are just my bra's, belts and tights. I don't particularly like the idea of my underwear being so on display but as my wardrobe has a curtain they are barely seen. 


The top drawer of my drawers is seasonal, so at the moment it contains my bikinis a couple of pairs of sunglasses and my sunhat. In the winter it would contain winter socks, and scarfs hats and gloves. 


The second drawer down is my underwear, of course organised into types and they are then folded and put in rows. 


The bottow drawer contains all my socks, I don't really wear socks are the moment except at night when my feet get colder so that's why all my bed socks are near the top, in the winter my everyday socks would be near the top because i'd be wearing them everyday. 

I hope you liked my closet organisation, and if it didn't give you any tips for yourself I hope it was interesting at least, i love seeing closet tours so i assume there's some people who are the same! 

Love ya, bye x


No comments:

Post a Comment